03 May 2007

It's a gal thing

Girls love being pampered...even if it is at the expense of our reputation.

I can virtually see many guys nodding their heads in vigorous unison.

I mean, you hear of guys doing the craziest stuff, all for the sake of proving their undying love for their gal. Sometimes, guys do it as a result of temporal paralysis of the rational mind, being struck by the arrow of cupid. These fellas literally do not know what hit them. Others, you have but no choice but to do as the gal desires or risk losing face and losing your gal.

My point?

Why do you not hear of gals doing crazy stuff to prove of their undying love for their guys?

Ok, before I get pummelled by you gals, actually, you all do prove your love in your own ways, yah?

Except that they might not be too dramatic as the guys'.


In fact, I dare say that guys tend to be all theatrics in the dating phase and then fade away after marriage. Whereas, gals seem to enjoy the guys' theatrics during the dating phase, but end up doing most of the work after marriage.

That, my guy friends, is sacrifical love.

And so, why should we disrupt the order of nature? Leave things the way as it is!

Kidding yah!

(guys, at this moment, I am being held by me Wife with a dough rolling pin pointed at my head. For the things I am about to write, pls forgive me for committing treason against the band of brothers)


A fairy tale of magic, was what we never planned.
Two hearts in search for true love, brought as one from different lands.
I thought I must be dreaming, the day that I found you.
And now my life's worth living, and grey skies are turned to blue

Chorus:
Oh Serena, I knew from the start,
That the love we have will stand all tests and never tear us apart
Oh yes Serena, my promise is true.
I will hold you tight till the cold night is through,
Girl, I love you.

The majesty of nature, on this terrestial ball,
But there a flower blooming stands the chiefest of them all.
This flower's like no other, her colours pure and bright.
This flower's you my precious as you freely share your light.


Forever Serena
Music and lyrics by Paul Lim
March 2002

1 comment:

JuZ JZin said...

Pretty sweet paul, and i wld expect nothing LESS from u

nana is so blessed