25 July 2008

That's why I love Republic Poly.....

Well, time to show my loyalty to the school that I teach in (over here, we call it 'facilitating').

I was walking past a class room today when I came across this really interesting and creative piece of 'graffiti'.

Each class has a couple of floor to ceiling glass panels to allow people to either look into the class or out of the class. On one class that I passed, the class used markers to draw on the glass panel. I suggest you zoom into the photo to have a clearer read of the words.



I smiled appreciatively as I took a photo of this. My time at JC, I never saw such creativity. But then again, I could be biased. Anyway, this was 'graffiti' created in good humour and extremely creative! I wonder whether it was part of their project work.

It brings to mind of the good humoured pranks played by American college kids in the US. I've heard of how a whole dorm of students pretended that it was the start to a brand new day in order to trick their friend who was in deep sleep at 12am (it was his b'day). When he awoke, he went to the toilet, thinking it was time to prepare himself for the day, his dorm mates all went back 'to sleep' and turned off the lights.

Of course, who can forget the pranks (hack) that MIT students pull off on their Great Dome, which is a dome to a building on campus. When one of the Stars Wars movies was released, students spent all night 're-decorating' the dome as R2D2 (i believe). Of course, there were instructions to school officials on how to dismantle the mess they created!



Long live harmless creativity!

No comments: